[linux-audio-user] Appropriate Directory Structure

From: Tom Charles-Edwards <tomcharles-edwards@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 17:47:37 EET

Greetings.

I have just set up my first partition table.

When you specify the mount point for each partition you can use your own title or
one of those in the menu. I can't remember all of them, but they had names like /
var, /tmp etc etc.

Where can I find information about which of these I need to create partitions for and
what they're supposed to be used for.

Currently I have (ext3):

/
swap
/home
/audio

I guess when I'm installing software an arbitrarily structured partition table is likely to
result in chaos – something I'm naturally quite keen to avoid.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

--
Whatever you Wanadoo: