Re: [linux-audio-user] the bandwidth of each harmonic

From: Jeremiah Benham <jjbenham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 18:21:38 EET

Now adding bandwidth on each partial kind of adds a chorus detune effect
in a way. How does this compare to other single instruments not in a group. It seems like it
would be very good to model wind instruments because of the breath
noise but what about instruments like piano and guitar or something. Can
these techniques be used to create more realistic models of other solo
instruments.

I have always enjoyed the sound of ZynAddSubFx. I want to know what kind
of filters you are using becuase I like to do most my stuff in csounds.
What would be cool is to have a csound export function to do that in
ZynAddSubfx. Are the filters similar to the csound butterworth filters
like butterbp? If not what csound opcodes/filters are similar to what
ZynAddSubFx. I want to use ZynAddSubFx to create sounds but I want to
have these sounds in csound without sampling it.

Thanks,
Jeremiah