[linux-audio-user] problems when restarting mixxx in same session

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 13:25:47 EET

i've been using mixxx (http://mixxx.sourceforge.net) with no problems
for some time, but recently - *around* the time i patched my alsa driver
with emu10k1 multi-channel, and updated qjackctl to the latest - it's
being weird:

* it starts without any drama the first time in a session (by that, i
mean the first time i start up mixxx after having booted my computer),
but if i close it and try to start it again, it's ouputs show up in
qjackctl, but there is no gui ... even if i stop jackd and start again,
the same problem - outputs, but no gui ...

* if i delete the .mixxcfg in my home directory, then it starts again,
but this requires me to each time reconfigure mixxx :(

* if i reboot the computer (without deleting mixxx's config file), then
it starts properly with all configurations intact :)

if i start mixxx from the command line when it doesn't show a gui,
here's what output i get:

> [mrmachine@email-addr-hidden <mailto:mrmachine@email-addr-hidden> mrmachine]$ mixxx
> Debug: Starting up...
> Debug: type signal
> Debug: type marks
> Debug: type signal
> Debug: type marks
> Debug: playlist name Default

i haven't been able to discover any more detailed debug output ...

if it's any help, this is how i start jack (from qjackctl):

#jackd -T -R -P60 -u -dalsa -dhw:0,3 -r48000 -p256 -n2 -s -S -P -o16

any help appreciated.

shayne