Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio cards, XLR inputs question

From: Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 13:48:59 EET

Sorry, I forgot. I can confirm that there is no phantom power on the
1010LT. According to specs, the 1010 has no phantom power. In my case,
the preamp supplies power, although phantom power units are relatively
inexpensive.

I own 2 RNCs and they are great. I use them for tracking as an effects
loop off of my preamp. Yes they are ugly, but they are really quiet and
easy to operate. They are a great value for the money.

For miking acoustic instruments, a great preamp may be a sound
investment. You may want to consider spending more resources on this.
Pendulum Audio makes a very good stereo acoustic preamp.

-Joe