Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Speeding up Speech

From: Phillip Blevins <phillip.blevins@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 18:43:41 EET

I was able to get a Onkyo Dual Cassette Deck (TA-RW244), which dubs at
two speed. I can then dub and recorded at 88200 hz and then change
the sample rate to 44100. It worked wonderfully. However I don't use
this feature because the cassette deck is also able to play both side
of a cassette on one deck and the start the other one. This gives me
two hours of continuous recording. If I use the dubbing feature I have
to put a dummy cassette in the recording deck which limits me to using
one cassette deck at a time. However, a high quality cassette deck
DOES make a world of difference in the sound. No cassette hiss and
such. Using Dolby C Noise Reduction and an external USB sound card,
and Gnome Wave Cleaner gives me Very good sound.