Re: [linux-audio-user] ld10k1 - success stories?

From: Mathias Lundgren <mathias_lundgren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 20:26:01 EET

mån 2005-02-07 klockan 11.43 skrev Shayne O'Connor:
> Mathias Lundgren wrote:
>
> >sön 2005-02-06 klockan 03.40 skrev Lee Revell:
> >

> >>First, 0.1.6 is old, you should use ld10k1 0.1.8 which requires ALSA
> >>1.0.8. Generally ld10k1 tracks the ALSA versioning. If you use ALSA
> >>CVS, use ld10k1 CVS.
> >>
> >>Lee
> >>

> >First, thanks everyone! alsa 1.0.8 and ld10k1 0.1.8 worked.
> >Now for the big question... How do I do anything useful with it?
> >

> ... yes, the tough part :)

> >understand it as I (finally) actually have to try to understand what's
> >happening behind the scenes in the hardware.
> >

> ... the harder part ... the epiphany will come (well, i hope it comes to
> me soon!) ...
> i shied away from ld10k1 after i installed it, because i just knew it
> would take me *ages* to get the qlo10k1 interface working for me, and
> uncluttered enough not to give me headaches :(
>
> ... it's probably possible to achieve most of the good things i
> associated with the kx audio drivers under windows (comprehensive saving
> of dsp configurations and routing - and, consequently, changing default
> values - , flexible routings and placements of dsp effects, integration
> with mixer etc), but i'm not sure this would be easy or intuitive at the
> moment.

I've tried kx, but I'm not sure the DSP-routing did look much better. I
never used the DSP parts of it, just went with the default, so it's a
different story for me this time. :-)

> > Does anyone have any
> >pointers to information on what's going on in "the matrix" visualized
> >in qlo10k1?
> >

> i'm also not quite sure what the deal with the dsp effects and filters
> are though - i couldn't find any way to load them in the dsp routing
> interface (like the ones included with the kxaudio drivers - maybe these
> have to be installed seperately ... i should read more documentation
> ...)? all i saw were the chorus and reverb fx busses ...
>

> shayne

I'm not sure I saw a lot of documentation. I saw some doco for audigy in
ld10k1, I guess a lot is applicable on an sblive, but by reading that I
can't really relate it to the gui. I've managed to load effects, but I
need to get an idea of how things actually make their way to the output,
and which things they pass on their way there, to connect them in a sane
way. I also need to get an idea of how the different things in qlo10k1
relate to the controls in alsamixer (I really hope there is _some_
relation between them :-). I'll dig along...

/Mathias