Re: [linux-audio-user] ld10k1 - success stories?

From: John Check <j4strngs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 06:54:15 EET

On Monday 07 February 2005 01:26 pm, Mathias Lundgren wrote:
> mån 2005-02-07 klockan 11.43 skrev Shayne O'Connor:
> > Mathias Lundgren wrote:

> > >First, thanks everyone! alsa 1.0.8 and ld10k1 0.1.8 worked.
> > >Now for the big question... How do I do anything useful with it?
> >
> > ... yes, the tough part :)

> > >understand it as I (finally) actually have to try to understand what's
> > >happening behind the scenes in the hardware.
> >
> > ... the harder part ... the epiphany will come (well, i hope it comes to
> > me soon!) ...
> > i shied away from ld10k1 after i installed it, because i just knew it
> > would take me *ages* to get the qlo10k1 interface working for me, and
> > uncluttered enough not to give me headaches :(
> >
> > ... it's probably possible to achieve most of the good things i
> > associated with the kx audio drivers under windows (comprehensive saving
> > of dsp configurations and routing - and, consequently, changing default
> > values - , flexible routings and placements of dsp effects, integration
> > with mixer etc), but i'm not sure this would be easy or intuitive at the
> > moment.
>
> I've tried kx, but I'm not sure the DSP-routing did look much better. I
> never used the DSP parts of it, just went with the default, so it's a
> different story for me this time. :-)
>
> > > Does anyone have any
> > >pointers to information on what's going on in "the matrix" visualized
> > >in qlo10k1?
> >
> > i'm also not quite sure what the deal with the dsp effects and filters
> > are though - i couldn't find any way to load them in the dsp routing
> > interface (like the ones included with the kxaudio drivers - maybe these
> > have to be installed seperately ... i should read more documentation
> > ...)? all i saw were the chorus and reverb fx busses ...
> >

> > shayne
>
> I'm not sure I saw a lot of documentation. I saw some doco for audigy in
> ld10k1, I guess a lot is applicable on an sblive, but by reading that I

The init_live script appears to have some naming issues FWIW.

> can't really relate it to the gui. I've managed to load effects, but I

I keep getting "not enough tram" or similar when I try to load FX.
Can you clue me on what you did?

> need to get an idea of how things actually make their way to the output,
> and which things they pass on their way there, to connect them in a sane
> way. I also need to get an idea of how the different things in qlo10k1
> relate to the controls in alsamixer (I really hope there is _some_
> relation between them :-). I'll dig along...

AFAICT, you can just drop in the blocks you need and connect 'em up
(context menus for the connections are available if the cursor is hovering
over the line - took me a while to find that), then the controls show up in
the mixer. It crashes kmix when things change but IIRC you get the AC97
section + whatever you define in alsamixer (or aumix, what have you)
IOW you can apparently define the whole signal path