Re: [linux-audio-user] ld10k1 - success stories?

From: Mathias Lundgren <mathias_lundgren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 21:31:45 EET

> > I'm not sure I saw a lot of documentation. I saw some doco for audigy in
> > ld10k1, I guess a lot is applicable on an sblive, but by reading that I
>
> The init_live script appears to have some naming issues FWIW.

Yes, it seems so. I located it to the line that results in the following
output:

/usr/local/bin/lo10k1 -n --ctrl "c-Left,Right:Wave Playback
Volume,t-Wave Playback Volume:1,c-LeftSurr,RightSurr:Wave Surro
und Playback Volume,t-Wave Surround Playback Volume:1,c-Center:Wave
Center Playback Volume,t-Wave Center Playback Volume:1,c
-LFE:Wave LFE Playback Volume,t-LFE Playback Volume:1" --patch_name
"Wave Multi Volume" -a simple.emu10k1

Apparently c- has to do with "concatenating controls", not sure what it
means... simple.emu10k1 was loaded when I used this instead:

lo10k1 -n --ctrl "" --patch_name "Wave Multi Volume" -a simple.emu10k1

I guess it breaks things...

> > can't really relate it to the gui. I've managed to load effects, but I
>
> I keep getting "not enough tram" or similar when I try to load FX.
> Can you clue me on what you did?

I launched ld10k1 with -t 7, it says it initializes tram with 1024k.
Whatever that means...

> > need to get an idea of how things actually make their way to the output,
> > and which things they pass on their way there, to connect them in a sane
> > way. I also need to get an idea of how the different things in qlo10k1
> > relate to the controls in alsamixer (I really hope there is _some_
> > relation between them :-). I'll dig along...
> >

> AFAICT, you can just drop in the blocks you need and connect 'em up
> (context menus for the connections are available if the cursor is hovering
> over the line - took me a while to find that), then the controls show up in
> the mixer. It crashes kmix when things change but IIRC you get the AC97
> section + whatever you define in alsamixer (or aumix, what have you)
> IOW you can apparently define the whole signal path

Alsamixer. I understand you can define the whole signal path, and I can
connect/disconnect things but it's not much of a use if I don't know
what's going on. I still need to know how it relates to the hardware...
Digging along...

/Mathias