[linux-audio-user] usb-snd-audio on ppc

From: Marloes de Valk <marloes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 13:15:05 EET

Hello list!

I'm having problems with my terratec phase 26 usb audiocard on ppc gentoo linux 2.6.10-r6 ...(on ibook 800Mhz)

the card is recognized but jack won't start (or starts 2 secs and then stops) and even aplay gives errors. with plughw:1 jack starts but not for long.

This is what jack says:

configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:1 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:1 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
Sorry. The audio interface "hw:1" doesn't support any of the hardware sample formats that JACK's alsa-driver can use.
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa
10:52:26.857 JACK was stopped successfully.
10:52:28.738 Could not connect to JACK server as client.

I found this on the list:

>> The device uses little endian samples, because this is what the USB
>> Audio Spec says. Jack supports only sample formats with native
>> endianness. Complain to the Jack developers, and/or use plughw.
>well, you can also try the portaudio layer ... my quattro won't work
>with jack / alsa ...

but portaudio doesn't work with pure data (and thats what i want to use the card with), as far as i know. Does anyone have the same problem with usb audio devices on ppc 2.6.x kernels or knows of a solution ;) ??? (if not, i'm returning my card asap and any suggestions of audiocards compatible with ppc linux + osx would be very welcome ;)

Thanks and grtz
Marloes