Re: [linux-audio-user] ld10k1 - success stories?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 09:53:51 EET

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 23:23, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 23:54 -0500, John Check wrote:
> > It crashes kmix when things change but IIRC you get the AC97
> > section + whatever you define in alsamixer (or aumix, what have you)
> > IOW you can apparently define the whole signal path
> I would like to develop a hardware specific mixer for the emu10k1 using
> ld10k1 as the backend. The generic OS provided mixer facilities will
> never work well for this card because the control space is flat. Please
> mail me if you are interested this project, especially if you know
> anything about GUI programming (I don't).

One of the things I am planning for JackMix is more backends so it isn't only
a Jack mixer but could also get a backend for emu10k1 or artsd or alsa or
gstreamer or or or...

But the day only has 24 hours and thus development is slow...

Arnold

PS: Check http://roederberg.dyndns.org/~arnold/jackmix for more details,
stable versions, daily snapshots(!) and repository-access...

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be