Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa source mixing

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 17:29:09 EET

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 15:56, Hillel wrote:
> Mandrake released Mandrake 10.2 Beta 2, and one of the new features is:
> " New ALSA sound architecture with source mixing".
> Does anyone know anything about this? Does this mean built-in dmix
> configuration, or is it a different mixing method?

Just guessing:

They discovered that its possible to use dmix (with a global configuration)
and that more and more apps support dmix in a stable way...
And so they said, hey, why don't we create a general configuration for dmix
and make it the default alsa device?

Or was it just that newer ALSA version use and install dmix per default???

Arnold, who doesn't need dmix since he own a sblive

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be