[linux-audio-user] Re: Building a Multitrack home studio

From: Timo <timo.sivula@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 04:58:27 EET

> From: Florian Blaser <florian@email-addr-hidden>

> This is quite a big setup and I don't think it will fit in our budget, so if
> we could find a solution to buy it partially and then complete it aftewards,
> it would be perfect.(2 inputs would be fine as a start, since we can just use
> two SM57 to record all the instruments and use our existing analog system to
> amplify the instruments that need it). Also, a physical control surface would
> be a plus...

Have a look at my "el-cheapo howto", that presents a way to get into
multitrack recording very cheaply.

http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/el-cheapo/

I am using this to record my drumkit with Ardour with 6 simultaneous channels.
El-cheapo should give you a good and affordable start, and it will
give you flexibility to postpone the investement on the multitrack
soundcard until later.

br, Timo

Timo