Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Building a Multitrack home studio

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 19:35:26 EET

On 14 February 2005 at 10:58, Timo <timo.sivula@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Have a look at my "el-cheapo howto", that presents a way to get into
> multitrack recording very cheaply.
>
> http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/el-cheapo/

Timo,

Are you sure about this note in your howto?

        Jack configuration

        Qjackctl is not good with the multichannel device, but
        causes a lot of xruns. Therefore when you start the
        multichannel device use jackstart in a terminal, not
        using Qjackctl.

My qjackctl uses jackstart to start jack by default. But,
jackstart is not good enough for me (due to kernel issues it
turns out, see Ardour users' mailing list archives if curious).
So, I change the qjackctl setup to use jackd-realtime to start
jack. It works beautifully.

The rest of your howto is pretty clever.

Cheers....

--
Kevin