[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 17, Issue 56

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 04:57:14 EET

On 15 February 2005 at 10:25, Timo <timo.sivula@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I did not know that was possible. Don't you have to be root to start
> Jack in realtime with anything else but jackstart with a 2.4 kernel?

Ya know, I probably get away with using jackd-realtime as non-root
because I've added the realcap module to my kernel and start that
module giving realtime permission to users belonging to the "audio"
group. Of course, I added myself to the "audio" group. This works
very nicely. There's some stuff in the realtime FAQs about how to
deal with the realcap module. FWIW, I did all this on Mandrake 10.1
starting with the 2.6.7 multimedia kernel source RPM from the
contribs.

Cheers....

--
Kevin