Re: [linux-audio-user] tuning -- E or/for something

From: <ish@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 07:42:10 EET

Well the harmonics on a guitar will always sound a bit sharper to their
relevant corresponding note. Not like a lot sharper(not like a semi-tone),
but only a bit. I tune with harmonics on the guitar(mostly nylon) and is
particularly good for fine tuning. I use the B harmonic on the 'Low E' To
tune the B(plain note) string. It has always come naturally to me.
And also the high E note(even on the piano.. 'i think') corresponds to the
harmonics on the 5th fret on the Low E string and harmonics on the 7th
fret of A string. Now these three note are almost similar, and is good way
to check when you are using one note as a mark up to tune all the
strings.(which means that when you don't have the fancy tuning gadgets..
just a humble old tuning fork) IT is always good to be tuning (even cross
check) with the harmonics.

Bhole nath sabke sath

Ish

:::where is the revolution?