Re: [linux-audio-user] My First Linux Song

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 13:40:59 EET

On Tue, 15 Feb, 2005 at 09:22PM +1000, Mark Constable spake thus:
> james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> >>http://www.machinehasnoagenda.com/downloads/The_Girls_-_The_Sailor.ogg
>
> >It could do with a bit of fiddling, tuning and mix-wise, but you've
> >had lots of comments about that already from people a lot more
> >experienced than me.
>
> Yes, we're looking forward to the next one.
>
> >I think we should have a place for showcasing what we've all been up
> >to. This list is OK, but somewhere specifically for showing off and
> >getting feedback would be good.
>
> Perhaps http://opensrc.org could be useful.

I was thinking more of a mailing list - something that's active rather than
passive (things drop into my mailbox rather than me going and looking
to see what's happening).

> >Another thing I'd like to see would be people willing to post unmixed
> >audio. I'd love to play around with this track myself - not that I
> >think I'd do a better job than you have, but just for the experience
> >of doing it.
>
> The likelyhood of people on this list sharing some of their
> creative talent and knowledge should be higher than the normal
> win/mac world and I totally agree, it would excellent to share
> ideas and effort with others of like mind.

Well, I see no reason why the two can't be combined and just make list
for showing off, getting people to collaborate and other grooviness.

What do people think? Is one more list too much? I already have an
inbox fit to burst from LAU and LAD, but I'd quite like something like
this.

If enough people like the idea, I could set something up.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)