Re: [linux-audio-user] My First Linux Song

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 14:02:31 EET

james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
>>Perhaps http://opensrc.org could be useful.
>
> I was thinking more of a mailing list - something that's active rather than
> passive (things drop into my mailbox rather than me going and looking
> to see what's happening).

I find a Wiki is good compromise between a free flowing
mailing-list and some web based portal. One only has to
check one URL which could be an RSS feed quite easily...

 http://opensrc.org/?page=RecentChanges

>>>Another thing I'd like to see would be people willing to post unmixed
>>>audio. I'd love to play around with this track myself - not that I
>>>think I'd do a better job than you have, but just for the experience
>>>of doing it.

This is awkward in a mailing-list which is why these sites
are linked to from the Wiki at opensrc.org, so that a user
can upload large ogg/flac or mp3 files via ftp, for example..

 http://esm.opensrc.org

--markc