Re: [linux-audio-user] Music list

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 09:46:42 EET

On Thu, 17 Feb, 2005 at 12:30PM -0500, Lee Revell spake thus:
> On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 17:13 +0000, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:

> > > I think this is a great idea, /me signs up. Only thing, I only
> > > recognize linux as the kernel of the GNU system, so the name is just
> > > adding to the confusion, in my opinion.
> >
> > Well, I did think about this. I know RMS would be spinning in his
> > grave if he were dead. Thing is, it fit with LAD and LAU. Linux
> > Audio Music doesn't even make much sense - it suggests that there's a
> > possibility of non-audio music.
> >

> Personally I think music made with Linux should just be posted on LAU.
> No one ever said this was a "Linux audio tech" list. It's just "A list
> for Linux audio users".

I think LAU is great, and I certainly wouldn't unsubscribe just
because there is another list with a smaller focus.

I have found in the past, though, that "Look what I made!" posts get
ignored. Or at least it looks like that. I'm sure people listen and
have opinions, but don't actually take the time to write them down for
everyone else to read.

A place to post where you *know* people will give useful critisism
will hopefully get more people to open up and put their creations in
the public eye (ear?).

It could also fail miserably and just be a silent ghost-town of a
list. Whatever happens, trying it can't hurt.

James

> Lee

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)