Re: [linux-audio-user] Maximum saturation without clipping

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 11:34:33 EET

Tom Szilagyi wrote:
>>>Do you want to have maximum gain with little dynamic
>>>range (similar to a radio/tv advertisement)?
>>
>>Absolutely yes !

> I think you may want to try this LADSPA plugin:
> http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/limiter.html

This sounds exactly what I want, a distortionless peak
limiter. The first paragraph got me a big smile :-)

> I use it for similar purposes with success.
> Apologies for this shameless plug if you already knew it.

I think your tap-reverbed may have been raised in the
"simple reverb" discussion a few weeks ago and the reason
I didn't follow thru is that it appears your TAP-plugins
are not part of Gentoo portage. Are you aware of a Gentoo
ebuild for tap-plugins and tap-reverbed ?

(perhaps they are included in another plugin package)

If not, is that of interest to you ?

--markc