Re: [linux-audio-user] Maximum saturation without clipping

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 11:53:02 EET

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:55:53 +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
> Noob question: I've made a start at trying to create a
> podcast-like "show" using mainly Audacity and I cannot
> figure out how to get the signal fully saturated without
> clipping. I was wondering if anyone here would have some
> tips on how to get a "fat" wav like the image below ?
>
> http://opensrc.org/index.php?page=MarkConstable

It depends if you want to change the dynamics or not, if you dont then you
can just use the amplify builtin effect with default settings. If you want
ot change the dynamics you need to use a compressor, but the best way
would be to run it through JAMin. I dont think you can do that just from
uadacity though, you need to use JACK.

- Steve