Re: [linux-audio-user] SysEx data & OSS emulation

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 22:56:13 EET

Hi,

> I've done some further testing, and it seems it is not a
> kernel bug but an issue with Edirol devices.  Apparently,
> they haven't been designed for drivers that can be unloaded
> and reloaded.  I'll see if I can change the driver to
> explicitly reset the device when loading.

well, as I'm still running all 5 MIDI devices on one MIDI
'bus', I'm going to buy a 8x8 patchbay for better timing (and
to use multimodes of the devices more excessively), so I hope
the problem will be solved this way.

I have read some device manuals, and it seems that it'll be a
midisport 8x8. I already have installed the firmware loader
(thanks to the author, BTW ;-), and even if the handling on
linux is a bit difficult, I liked the midisport due to the
fact that it can act as a real merge bay in offline mode.

The only thing that still keeps me without the device is the
price - I have no problem paying lots of money for synths,
but a MIDI device is somehow a piece of hardware I do not
like to spend money for ;-) .

 Best regards

    ce