Re: [linux-audio-user] Problem building sooperlooper

From: philicorda <philicorda@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 01:44:00 EET

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 13:33 -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> philicorda wrote on Sat, 19-Feb-2005:
>
> > Hi. I've been itching to try the new sooperlooper-1.0.0beta28.
> > I don't know where else to post a bug report.
> > I am using gcc-3.3.3 and wxGTK 2.4.
> > I tried upgrading to wxGTK 2.5 as well, but can't see to get ./configure
> > to see the new version.
>
> You can direct further problems directly to me, if you'd like.
>
> Have you upgraded your gtk2 libs without also upgrading your wxGTK
> 2.4?

Ah, that was it. I had upgraded gtk2. I emerged wxGTK 2.4 again, and it
compiled fine. Ta!
Nice app! I've only fiddled with it a little while at the moment. The
gui is really clean and easy to understand.

> What distribution? I would suggest rebuilding wxGTK 2.5 with the --enable-gtk2
> configure flag (using either /usr/local or /usr as the --prefix).
> The sooperlooper configure script should look for wxgtk2-2.5-config first,
> then wxgtk2-2.4-config, so your newest one should work.

It did look for it first. It did not find it earlier as I found I had
botched installing wxgtk2.5, and there was no wxgtk2-2.5-config. :)
One little thing, sooperlooper appears to install in /usr/local/bin even
if you configure with --prefix=/usr.