[linux-audio-user] [Music] first LilyPond score

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 04:55:05 EET

This is a little different. I'm housesitting all month for a
friend in Santa Fe, New Mexico, US.

So, without all my musical equipment here, I decided to grit my
teeth and learn a little about LilyPond, the great GNU music
notation/engraving program for Linux/*BSD (and Windows under Cygwin).

Therefore, although this post is to share a little of my own
made-with-Linux music, it is a visual rather than audio file-- a
PDF document of a short piano piece I wrote ages ago in my early
20s (and which I chose because I thought it would be fairly easy
to notate). For anyone who might be interested, the file is here:

http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/

(the filename is "enchanted-island.pdf")

Best wishes,
Steve D, New Mexico US