Re: [linux-audio-user] Searching for music composition tools

From: Noah Roberts <nroberts@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 20:49:19 EET

Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:

> Using
>a midi sequencer with soft synth or writing my compositions in a
>musical language are both OK. The only (and probably the one which makes all this impossible) is that
>I'm blind and can only use text-based applications. So I'm interested
>about all possibilities available.

Have you had a look at lilypond or ABC? These are music languages,
typesetting really in the case of lilypond at least, that can be
translated into many formats including midi. I only managed to work
with lilypond and it seems pretty complete. It is based on the TeX
typesetting language as I recall.

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people - and neither do we.