[linux-audio-user] linux version of this?

From: Noah Roberts <nroberts@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 07:01:34 EET

I asked someone how they did some recording with midi that sounded
real. The response follows:

"I found a free ware program called Anvil studio, with this I can find a
midi i like on the net and take out every thing but the parts i want
(the drum track and bass track). If i dont like the bass sound i can
choose from different bass sounds like acustic, fretless, fingerpicked,
slap, ect. you cant change the drums but you can adjust the balance
between the base and drums.Then i put it on cassette tape ( I use my 424
) or you can use audacity (use the "what-u-hear tab") You can adjust the
EQ to make it sound better also. with the audacity you can boost the
bass and ad some compresion to the bass. then you add your vocal,
guitars, keyboard, ect and you got a band"

Do we have anything like that? Something that can take midi and make it
sound more real?

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people - and neither do we.