Re: [linux-audio-user] Searching for music composition tools

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 14:12:36 EET

Last Tuesday 22 February 2005 17:57, Mario Lang was like:
> > As a blind linux audio user, you're in a minority in a minority in a
> > minority.
>
> You'd be supprised how "large" that minority actually is :-).

And how important. :-)

I think the responses to this thread show quite accurately that the existence
of accessibility features is a mainstream concern and also that many
musicians do not want to be tied to graphic interfaces. I would have thought
that most non-visual users would already make a lot of use of audio
interfaces. As this is GNU/Linux we're all likely to end up pioneering at
some point and having to document it for others. One of GNU/Linux's great
strengths is its accessibility and language support. Of course there's lots
of room for people to join in and make it stronger. I think any discussion of
how large a minority blind linux audio users constitute is irrelevant,
accessibility is a requirement to which we all need to pay attention.

Right, well I'd better make sure all my web pages speech render properly
having said that hadn't I? ;-)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk