[linux-audio-user] Re: Made with Open Source Software

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 18:55:06 EET

>From: LinuxMedia <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
>
>It would be good to hear how your next (or same) peice comes out when
>you use this sound font. I liked "passo_a_passo-aaps-01.ogg", but just
>thought the instruments sounded kind of "thin".

They sound quite boring because the sounds are clustered to
one point in the stereo space. Anyone would have a solution?
Would sospubs or prorec have articles on this?

Listen to Heware.mp3 by Morad Kaveh at http://www.morad.net for
a good use of space. (Not made with Linux.)

But if you want an ultimate experience in mixing and effecting,
please check out, e.g., The Eye album of Yello (www.yello.ch).

Last summer Start-AB at Germany held a remix contest with the
Yello provided loops. It was a great success: 300 remixes were
submitted. In my opinion, the downside was that nobody actually
used the provided loops to the extend that Boris Blank himself
used. The loops are at
  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/culture/music/western/Yello/
The contest loops are in contest2004.tar.gz but there are
other, earlier loop sets provided by Boris.

Hearing the contest loops individually really shows how complex
mixes Boris does. All loops are used in his mix.

Juhana