Re: [linux-audio-user] DiGi9652 or HDSP9652 ?

From: Aaron Trumm <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 21:01:04 EET

> I'm going to buy one of these cards, and I was wondering what about the
> differences from one to each other and concernig ALSA's support.
> By ALSA's website seems they are completly supported, but I would like to
> have some users' confimations.

hey there - i have the HDSP 9652 and love it - it was a bit of a pain to get
it really working at first, because there was a driver issue that we (the
linux audio community in general) were having a hard time ironing out. the
issue didn't exist with the digi9652 card that was almost exactly the same,
just the HDSP 9652

in reality though you have to consider what other gear you have - the 9652
was necessary for me because I needed it to interface via ADAT light pipe to
24 channels on my digital mixer. But if I didn't have the digital mixer to
do my A/D conversion, the 9652 would've been wrong because it doesn't have a
breakout box with analog inputs like the multiface or something else - the
HDSP 9652 has 24 channels optical i/o and a stereo spdif - that's the only
in and out of that card...

TotalMix doesn't run under linux, it doesn't matter. Under linux, you'll be
using a program called hdspmixer - it's the exact same thing (am I
remembering that right? yes I think so)

what is your studio/other gear situation like?