[linux-audio-user] DiGi9652 or HDSP9652 ?

From: Michele Spinolo <michele.spinolo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 16:03:50 EET

Hi guys,

I'm going to buy one of these cards, and I was wondering what about the
differences from one to each other and concernig ALSA's support.
By ALSA's website seems they are completly supported, but I would like to
have some users' confimations.

On RME website I focused this words:

 HDSP 9652 is the long-awaited successor of the well-known PCI card Project
Hammerfall (DIGI9652). Like the original Hammerfall, HDSP 9652 offers 3 x
ADAT optical I/O, ADAT-Sync In, SPDIF I/O and word clock I/O. On top, there
are 2 MIDI I/Os and TotalMix, a DSP-based real-time mixer/router.

apart from MIDI I/Os which I do not care about, I didn't understand what
TotalMix will do on HDSP9652 and under Linux.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help!
Michele