Re: [linux-audio-user] upsampling wav's - ardour sessions

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 23:31:56 EET

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:50:24 +0100
MarC <marc_contrib@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using ardour to record and I have recorded my songs at 44100 until
> now. Now I want to switch to 48000.
> What's the easiest way (always within the best way to do it) to convert
> my sessions to 48000?
> I would like something automatic like running a script before starting
> an ardour session at 44100 or clicking some option at ardour to import it.
>
> I have googled this issue and I found:
> http://sr-convert.sourceforge.net/
>
> but it's not debian-packaged yet and I'm too lazy now...

If you install libsndfile and libsamplerate from Debian you will
get sndfile-resample which avoids some of the problems of the
above (difficulty with some sample rates).

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"I've nothing against OO, I do have something against C++. Its a dogs
dinner. Anyone who's (tried) to read Stroustrups book on C++ like I had
the misfortune of doing knows that the man is very intelligent but has
about as much clarity of thought as Timothy Leary on a bad day."
-- NJR in comp.os.linux.development.apps