Re: [linux-audio-user] USX2Y rawusb mode

From: Spencer Russell <Spencer.Russell@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 05:35:52 EET

Ok, scratch what I said about it not crashing anymore. It's still
quite less than stable. I was using qjackctl, and it was fine
until I started pd, at which point my computer froze. So I
rebooted, and started jackd without qjackctl

sudo jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0,0 -p1024 -n2 -i2 -o2

and was using it fine for a while, I started pd without problems,
then I was trying to figure out how to connect to the midi port
of PD when the following appeared on /var/log/mesages:

Feb 26 22:26:10 slingshot kernel: ALSA /usr/src/alsa/ \
alsa-driver-1.0.8/alsa-kernel/usb/usx2y/usbusx2yaudio.c:199: \
usb_submit_urb() returned -11

and at about the same time, jackd reported a bunch of xruns and
then:

subgraph starting at pure_data_0 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=9, \
status = 0, state = Triggered)

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 17.389 msecs

jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd
Killed

apon closer reading of the responses to my earlier question about
getting capture channels 3 and 4 to work, it looks like there're
2 different usx2y drivers? I'm using whatever came with alsa
1.0.8, and the changelog says that they include rawusb support,
so I think I'm using the correct one. But it'd be kinda nice if
I'm not, cause that's an easy fix.

-spencer