Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI stopped working

From: MarC <marc_contrib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 00:19:22 EET

En/na John Check ha escrit:

>On Saturday 26 February 2005 08:31 pm, MarC wrote:
>

>>I upgraded my debian testing and now MIDI doesn't work anymore.
>>Before I could load soundfonts normally and now I get:
>>
>>marc@email-addr-hidden:~$ sfxload
>>No AWE synth device is found
>>
>>any clue about how to solve it? (google wasn't enough...)
>>
>>thanks in advance,
>>I wouldn't be a debian user without such great mailing lists as LAU and
>>debian-users...
>>

>I'm running unstable but, assuming it's a SoundBlaster Live!, you need the
>emu10k1-synth module loaded.
>Easy fix is load it with modconf, an arguably "better" solution is to add a
>post-install line to /etc/modutils/alsa:
>
>post-install snd-emu10k1 modprobe snd-emu10k1-synth
>
>don't forget to run update-modules. I load my default soundfont the same way.
>
>I'll indulge myself with some pedanticism here and mention FYI that MIDI
>doesn't make any noise. It's yer wavetable that stopped working... Anyway

oh I have now realised that you answered my email before I posted the
"No AWE synth..." version of it
(I got lost with so many emails and with my mail server which I blamed
for not delivering my email...)

many thanks. you were right and your solution may be more elegant than
adding to /etc/modules...