[linux-audio-user] [music] First 3 tracks from me (gulp)

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 00:45:11 EET

Hi list,

Well, after much hesitating, I've finally worked up the courage to post
some music to the list.

The oggs are available at http://allie.opensrc.org/

There are 3 tracks:

"Cant Beat Them" is basically a solo I recorded that I was happy with,
with a minimal bit of arrangement wrapped around it :) Overall, I like
some of the sections, but the harmony parts are a bit rough (and I think
there's some clipping there as well...)

"Takes Two" is intended to sound like two guitarists playing (roughly)
the same thing; one with a clean tone, the other with a heavy tone. I'm
quite happy with the slow interlude in the middle of the piece.

"Feeling Slow" is the most "composed" piece here - I wrote the whole
thing out in midge (with guitar on lap) and then started trying to play
it. I'm not totally happy with my playing in sections, but it's starting
to come together.

Comments, criticism, suggestions, chocolate; all are welcome.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to everybody in the LAU and LAD
community, without whom I would not have the fantastic tools that make
it possible for me to write and record this music. Thank you all!

I'd like to offer a special thank you too to Mark C for making the
opensrc.org site available to host my music.

Please download, listen, and (hopefully) enjoy!

Cheers,
Stuart

Stuart Allie