Re: [linux-audio-user] [music] First 3 tracks from me (gulp)

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 23:46:13 EET

Hi Stuart,

onsdagen den 2 mars 2005 23.45 skrev Stuart Allie:
> Hi list,
>
> Well, after much hesitating, I've finally worked up the courage to post
> some music to the list.
>
> The oggs are available at http://allie.opensrc.org/
>
> There are 3 tracks:
>
> "Cant Beat Them" is basically a solo I recorded that I was happy with,
> with a minimal bit of arrangement wrapped around it :) Overall, I like
> some of the sections, but the harmony parts are a bit rough (and I think
> there's some clipping there as well...)
>
> "Takes Two" is intended to sound like two guitarists playing (roughly)
> the same thing; one with a clean tone, the other with a heavy tone. I'm
> quite happy with the slow interlude in the middle of the piece.
>
> "Feeling Slow" is the most "composed" piece here - I wrote the whole
> thing out in midge (with guitar on lap) and then started trying to play
> it. I'm not totally happy with my playing in sections, but it's starting
> to come together.
>
> Comments, criticism, suggestions, chocolate; all are welcome.

Sorry, no chocolate ;)

About the tunes, In my youth I could have totally listened to this, reminds me
of Tony McAlpine which I listened to quite a bit a long time ago.
Since then I fear I have grown away from this genre.

The solo guitars sound quite nice especially when the two guitars play
"against" each other, they should be upfront in the mix and they are, there's
a little much guitar-noise at times perhaps, not much more to say, possibly
they are bit over the top with effects, but I guess that comes with the
territory.
The backing arrangements seem quite nicely laid out, I think they sound a bit
synthetic though. I think they would improve alot just by changing the
sounds/soundfonts, whatever you are using, to something of higher quality.

That's about all I can think of at the moment :)
Keep it up!
/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/