Re: [linux-audio-user] USX2Y rawusb mode

From: Karsten Wiese <annabellesgarden@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 21:43:45 EET

Am Samstag 05 März 2005 15:39 schrieb Spencer Russell:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:25:13PM +0100, Karsten Wiese wrote:
> > Am Samstag 05 M?rz 2005 09:20 schrieb Spencer Russell:
> > > OK, So as per these several suggestions, I've now tried the US428
> > > with a vanilla 2.6.11, a 2.6.11 with Ingo's preempt patch and
> > > full preemption, nrpacks=4, apm and acpi not compiled in the
> > > kernel, and without my usb ethernet card plugged in. I'm still
> > > getting the "Sequence Error!" messages, then a couple seconds

how long does it work until "Sequence Error!"?
any hints that it happens in regular intervals?

> > > later qjackctl dissapears.
> >
> > Please post the output of
> > $cat /proc/interrupts
> > maybe the usb-interrupt is also busy with something else...
> >

> srussell@email-addr-hidden:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
> CPU0
> 0: 23968893 XT-PIC timer 0/68893
> 1: 5085 XT-PIC i8042 0/5085
> 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade 0/0
> 7: 0 XT-PIC parport0 0/0
> 8: 3 XT-PIC rtc 0/3
> 10: 0 XT-PIC VIA686A 0/0
> 11: 9538103 XT-PIC yenta, uhci_hcd 0/38103
> 12: 36200 XT-PIC i8042 0/36200
> 14: 101724 XT-PIC ide0 0/1723
> 15: 13 XT-PIC ide1 1/12
> NMI: 0
> LOC: 0
> ERR: 0
> MIS: 0
>

> Hmm, it does look like my PCMCIA driver is also on the same
> interrupt. I don't have any PCMCIA cards in now, but could that
> still be causing problems?

only if yenta is in front of uhci_hcd interrupt handler chain wise.
just recheck after
        $rmmod yenta

might make sure its gone with
        $lsmod
post above.

it looks like something keeps the usb's interrupt from being handled right in time.
like
 bios: no idea.....

 harddisk: dma enabled?
        $hdparm /dev/hda