Re: [linux-audio-user] Repairing wav files written by pd 64bit

From: thewade <pdman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 21:57:35 EET

Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:27:32AM -0700, thewade wrote:
>
>>In the mean time does anyone know how to repair the header of a wav
>>file? I tried snd-7 but it cannot open the file. Sox doesnt reconize
>>the file format. I can play the files written by PD by using:
>>aplay -f dat test.wav
>

>Remove the WAV header in some way (everything up to and including letters
>\'DATA\'). Then use something like this:
>sox -t raw -r 48000 -swc2 broken-wave.raw corrected.wav
>
>You can skip the header deletion, but then you get a click at the
>beginning of the corrected WAV (the click may be hearable).

Sweet, that works! Thank you!

Now is there a way to view what the wav header actually looks like so
I can repair the PD source? I used vi to delete the header and all the
data that is not ascii shows up as ^@. I want to diff the two headers
and then repair the fault in the PD source.

Thanks again for the speedy help! You rock!
-thewade