Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: John Check <j4strngs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 23:08:39 EET

On Thursday 10 March 2005 06:54 am, tim hall wrote:
> Last Wednesday 09 March 2005 22:24, Julien Claassen was like:
> > The actual soundfont creation (with swami) I can't do. Would anyone
> > be interested in this kind of project?
> >   As said I'd convert and split the flac file and do, what else I can,
> > but for the final swami-touch, I'd need some help, because I'm blind.
>
> Sadly I never could figure out how to use Smurf, being able to see the GUI

As far as moving patches from one font to another, hilite the source patch and
right click over the destination for a context menu with "paste".
FWIW, Multiple selections work. What other questions have ye?

> doesn't help much and I never got round to compiling Swami, it's not
> included in AGNULA/DeMuDi, so I'm wondering if it's less-than-free or what
> the deal is with it. It strikes me as being dumb to use the .sf2 format if
> we don't have an accessible editor. Either we help Josh Green make Swami
> accessible and distributable or we should seriously consider some other
> options.

Well.. the format exists already and is widespread, so while designing a
replacement or reimplementation has it's merits, it'd be throwing out the
baby with the bath water.