Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: Emiliano Grilli <emillo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 00:29:08 EET

venerd?, 11 marzo 2005 alle 13:18:29, John Check ha scritto:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 05:24 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> > Hi!
> > At http://freepats.opensrc.org there is a mellotron sample in the flac
> > format. I'm very interested in this sound. I'd like to see it in a
> > soundfont, so it can be used with fluidsynth. Unfortunately I only
> > can convert this sample to the .wav or .raw format and split the
> > different samples from one another. The actual soundfont creation
> > (with swami) I can't do. Would anyone be interested in this kind of
> > project? As said I'd convert and split the flac file and do, what
> > else I can, but
> > for the final swami-touch, I'd need some help, because I'm blind.
> > I'm looking forward to hear from someone!
> > Kindest regards Julien
> >

> Here is a link to a draft SoundFont. No loop points were set,
> but looping is engaged. Approximately 12.3Mb.
>
> http://65.125.227.61/mellotronia.SF2
>

> I'll submit it to freepats when it's done.

Hi !

Thanks for that.

As for looping, in the meanwhile a friendly guy from the italian
newsgroup it.comp.musica has done a looped version of the reed:

www.viandanze.com/materiale/mello.sf2 (~3.7 Mb)

He said that the problem (Ryan point that out some time ago) is that
those samples are too short, and that he had no luck either with normal
lopping or with ping pong. He used crossfade looping. the result isn't
that bad.

In order to avoid duplication of the effort, I suggest to join our
forces. I don't know if he can write in english, but I can eventually
act as a (not-so-good) translation gateway ;-) I put him in Cc.

Cheers,

--
Emiliano Grilli
Linux user #209089