[linux-audio-user] Re: Net jamming

From: JP Mercury <swirlee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 00:58:25 EET

Wolfgang, Shayne, Jorge-

Jorge wrote--
>its a great idea....I'm a "no musician" sound maker, don't know if i
>coud join, but there are 3 things i think should be agreed before
>start:

No, you are already participating, amigo. This is an idea that cannot manifest
unless a group of people find it worth pursuing. It isn't going to come out of
the music industry and so it has to begin with us.

>let motif. an abstrat word so everybody sync there minds (like Brian
>Eno has done...) it would be beautiful to discover what the word
>"love" means for those 4 people playing music. That it means for the 4
>not for each one of theam... and how it grows by the passing time of
>jamming...

It is nice that you can be so poetic in the midst of all this technical stuff.

>roles. depending in the moment i think people shoud be able to have a
>rol in the session so that the efford should be comparted. (One does
>the beat, and another a synt stuff, and the next moment they could
>change the rol, but in every moment they know what is their roles in
>the music)

You are looking at the social side of net jamming, and I think it's great. I
agree that everyone has to have their own place in the music. And it's
intruiging to think of different games that could be played in such a jam room.

You, Shayne and Wolfgang have each come at this from a different angle and I
appreciate hearing from you all.

>chating. it may be dificut to make music and type but I have to be
>able to say to the other guy, grrreeeeEEEAt beat woooaaaooo eheheheh

Definitely a chat.

Shayne, are you in North America?
Wolfgang is in Deutschland.
Jorge, Portugal, wasn't it?