Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI keyboard

From: Gilles Degottex <gilles.degottex@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 04:08:28 EET

On Monday 14 March 2005 22:31, Lee Revell wrote:
> Really, I just wanted to get an idea of which driver limitations are
> keeping people from using it, so the driver can be improved.

I did this Linux box for replacing a too costly B3 Orgue Hammond. Lot of
things can be done with theses kind of keyboard:
- mixing orgue sounds with percussions
- add harmonics (around 8 are possibles)
- set a rotor speed (something like a stereo effect)
and more and more ...
theses 3 most important features, could be done with parralel synths and a
final effect on the whole mixed sound, but it would require around 12
synth ...
I don't do that for now, but I plan to try. I found qsynth as the only
solution for now. You think something is possible with the wavetable ?

Gilles