[linux-audio-user] MIDI keyboard

From: Gilles Degottex <gilles.degottex@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 02:17:00 EET

Hi,

I recently did a "MIDI linux box". A Suse installed on a minimal hardware
configuration. There is everything needed to transform MIDI events in to
beautiful sounds with Fluidsynth (I use a SB live).
Everything works fine with my Terratec TMS3 MIDI keyboard, but I have to use
this linux box with a Technics keyboard (something like this
http://www.technics.com/pc25.html) in my music group. And there, no MIDI
events are coming to fluidsynth ...... samething with an old MIDI keyboard,
but this old keyboard can receive the Technics MIDI events and play them ! so
the Technics ports are not broken ...
Is there to 2 version of the MIDI protocol ?!? somebody already got this ??

Best regards,
Gilles