Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI keyboard

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 11:01:56 EET

Last Friday 18 March 2005 07:59, Chuck Martin was like:
> I've heard very few Leslie simulators that even come close to sounding
> like a real Leslie.

That's already more than I have ever heard. ;-) It's the same deal as amp
simulators, but slightly more complex. Personally I put it down to the
physical movement of air. I'm sure that the sound people generally want here
requires physical work to be taking place, large objects heating up and
moving in space. Any digital simulation is only ever going to be a more
complex form of modulation, which we all know just isn't the same.

I'd be overjoyed if someone came up with some decent digital amp simulators,
I'd probably be able to find some perverse use for them. ;-] But, I don't
have great expectations.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk