Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: DVD-Audio authoring tool

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 10:38:48 EET

Last Wednesday 16 March 2005 21:21, Steve Harris was like:
> Course, you cant always expect a polite response, and I wont promise to
> /do/ anything about it, but it really is helpful :)
>
> > The programmer will answer "Give the code!" with reason - and
> > as I cannot code, I have to shut up ;-) .

No, you don't always get a positive response when you try to tell someone
there's a problem with their code. Sometimes it's quite difficult to get the
balance between being sensitive to their needs and not letting it get to you.
Sometimes you just get people at the wrong moment, getting flamed for trying
to be helpful is really not the most encouraging experience - a lesser person
might have already defenestrated their computer and then thrown themselves
out after. To err is human ... and all that. :-]

Don't forget to breathe!

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk