Re: [linux-audio-user] Hammond organ?

From: Randy Kramer <rhkramer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 14:25:12 EET

On Thursday 17 March 2005 03:19 pm, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >I already tested it ... IMHO far far away from the original sound and sf2
> >synth sounds. I think the problem is horgand seems generate is own primary
> >sounds (sounds of the fondamental and the harmonics) and they are too much
> >perfect :P A mixed solution between horgand and a wavetable for base
> > sounds, could be a better one, I think.

Sorry, I know I'm replying to the wrong post, and I might even be in the wrong
thread--somebody posted about possibly not being able to achieve the desired
sound (for the Hammond organ) without ~"heated elements moving massive
amounts of air" (or something similar.

I'm curious (and trying to do a boundary check)--has that person (or anyone
else) heard a satisfactory reproduction of the desired sound on any CD? (If
so, it would seem to me the desired sound can be achieved digitally, it's
just ;-) a matter of finding the right waveform(s).)

Randy Kramer

Sorry--I'm too lazy to look in the archives for the correct post.