Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour + Hydrogen : sync Together

From: Aaron Trumm <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 11:11:30 EET

Yes, using jack and jack transport...oh gosh - it's late and I can't think
of the steps for some reason - basicallly, make hydrogen the jack transport
slave, make ardour the jack transport master, and hydrogen should play when
ardour plays.

But the other thing I thought I'd mention, since I've seen this question
quite a bit, is my method. I don't do this sync hydrogen to ardour thing
usually - it's incredibly shaky a configuration compared to exporting a .wav
version of the drum track from hydrogen and importing that into ardour

The other advantage to that other than your mix down being all in one spot,
which is really what you want, is that hydrogen makes a perfectly spliced
little export so you have this amazingly easy cut and paste action available
in Ardour, if you use the snap to function

That all said, I'll sync 'em if I'm going to do something, for example, like
run a hydrogen track through a tube amp or something and record that new
track into ardour...