Re: [linux-audio-user] AMD64 with Linux audio applications?

From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 20:22:48 EET

> > to get an idea how fast this type of scary-fast is in some sort of units
> > ... how long does a kernel compile take?
>
> Unfortunately that is relative the amount of modules compiled into the
> kernel.

Well, upgrading from a 750Mhz Athlon to a 3000+ 64 was like the
difference between night and day. When I upgraded from a 233 to the
750 I was like, "Oh my GOD this is fast." I said the same thing the
next time round. But as before, I am getting used to it or software
is getting more bloated because I get mad at it being slow again
sometimes...