Re: [linux-audio-user] [ Music ] the sailor (final version)

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 09:41:43 EET

On Wed, 23 Mar, 2005 at 04:07PM +1100, Shayne O'Connor spake thus:
> hi all
>
> i've just finished re-recording a track i linked to the list a few weeks
> ago ... i've tried incorporating some suggestions, and most importantly
> - i think my guitar is in tune!
>
> http://www.machinehasnoagenda.com/downloads/the_girls_-_the_sailor_(final).ogg

Great! I listened to the first version again the other day - I can't
wait to listen to this.

...listens...

That's really good! I'd suggest trying a few mixes, because it sounds a
little muddy in parts, but you could fiddle forever and I do like
this.

I'm glad you got around to doing this, it really does sound better.

> i think it sounds heaps better than the previous version, but it doesn't
> really matter in any case, as it is more just one of a few tracks i'm
> throwing together for a band i'm trying to get happening ...

... good! Thhat must mean we'll get more output...

Let me know when you do your UK tour.

> but if anyone still wants to try their hand at mixing this song, just
> let me know and i'll see if i can pack up the tracks into a torrent file.

I'd like a play, if you don't mind. I'm not sure I'd do a better job,
but this is a different sound to what I normally work with and it
would be good to play with.

> should have my next one up soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Keep up the good work,