Re: [linux-audio-user] [Announce] [LAB] FreeWheeling 0.5pre3 released

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 15:25:32 EET

JP, great tutorials, very laid-back -- you're a teacher man.
The MIDI filtering/output is neat. So is the tap pulse feature.

* Seeing it done in your tutorial I want to get my footswitch into
action too. It's a simple sustain pedal connected to my midi master
keyboard and works as that. But Freewheeling doesn't react to it. Maybe
you're talking about a different kind of footswitch? Can you direct me
somewhere?

* Freewheeling sometimes doesn't startup. Called from the console it
would say
      FreeWheeling 0.5pre3
      Brought to you by a grant from Mother Earth.
which is nice but nothing else happens. Ctrl-C and calling fweelin again
will sooner or later result in Freewheeling starting up. This happens
*sometimes* and I have no clue at all as it seems to happen under
different circumstances. Well, jackd is usually called with
      jackstart -R -p512 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p64 -n2
on a 2.4.26 kernel.

Wolfgang