[linux-audio-user] Re: Footswitch & Freewheeling 0.5pre3

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 04:55:49 EET

> Change init="67" to init="64".

Yo jp, Debugging said "64" so I changed that and it triggers recording.
Ok. Now moving the loop to a qwertz key doesn't work. Moving it to a
midi keyboard key works: I press one midi key and the loop is
transferred. I press the same midi key again (want to playback the
loop) but that starts recording a new loop and I get overloaded audio
after one cycle.

Tried something else: While holding down a midi key I record a loop.
Release the key. Pressing it again me thinks this should trigger
playback. Instead it triggers a new recording. Hm, something is wrong
with .fweelin.rc probably. Or something is wrong with midi, but we
know that :O) Help.

> > * Freewheeling sometimes doesn't startup. Called from the console
> > it would say FreeWheeling 0.5pre3 Brought to you by a
> > grant from Mother Earth. which is nice but nothing else happens.
>
> Well, you could look at it as a bug, or you could look at it as a
> built in opportunity to reflect on all that the Earth gives us. ;-)

I did just that when it happened for the first time. I waited three
days. Waited one more. While reflecting. A lot of things happened in
the meantime. Spring came. A voice said "It's not the right time ..."

> It's a mystery to me. Some people have reported strange pauses on
> startup. Here's some test code for you:

No seriously, I'll try this tomorrow.
Wolfgang