[linux-audio-user] C-Media 9739

From: Bill Burke <agiboa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 05:02:24 EET

I have a motherboard with onboard sound. the chip is the cmi9739 from
c-media. i have had a complete lack of success getting any support from
them or compiling their drivers. i installed fedora core 1 at first,
but later upgraded to fc3. the sound worked in fc1, but now that i have
fc3, it has stopped working. i have tried using alsaconf several times
with different drivers, but none have worked.

the cmedia drivers would probably be best, but i am unable to compile
them. there is no ./configure file, and i get a huge list of errors
when i try make. i even tried editing the makefile according to another
post i read (changing the sysinclude line to point to the /usr/include
directory). i also copied the included cmaudio.h to the /usr/include
directory. i am at a loss on this front. the only other thing i did
with this was obviously untar it into a folder. if i have missed
anything that will make it work, please let me know.

more likely, i suspect that i will have to merely install the alsa
drivers from fc1. i hope that this will autodetect the onboard sound
like it did when i actually installed fc1. the problem is that i am
unsure where to even start with this process. please help me out here.

thanks